Wednesday, June 10, 2009

June 8-10

Day 14-16 - Party, baby!

Today was a bit of a party few days. There is a place called "the morgue". During WWII it literally was a morgue, but now it's simply a party area for college students in the area. I know, sounds creepy, and it's underground, but they've really turned it into somehwhere cool.

I want to K-I-L-L the people from Eurail. I paid an extra 25 euros to get super speed shipping and NOOOOOOO it's STILL NOT HERE. So (sorry mom) I had to put my 4-day trip on the credit card.

But it's not like I'm paying money i wouldnt have to anyway. Now my Eurail pass will last the entire time my parents are up here so they won't have to pay a thing for my transportation going to Germany, France, Poland, Belgium, Luxemborg, the Netherlands, or Switzerland. Had I used my Eurail pass for this 4-day trip it probably wouldn't have lasted the entire two weeks.

So on the 9th I found a place that advertised a free 1-liter coke with any meal. Since I've already complained about how expensive (BUT SO GOOD, THANK YOU SUGAR AND CURSE CORN SYRUP!!) the coke is here i jumped on it. For your knowledge, by the way, I actually read the sign IN GERMAN, so you you should all be very impressed with me ;)

It's no wonder they could give a free coke, their FOOD WAS SO AWFUL AGGHHHHHH!!! Really, it was the soggiest shnitzel (sp?) I've ever had.

I'm going to be off the radar until Sunday, so mom don't worry about me ;) I'm going to... Florence, Italy for a 4-day weekend, go me!! I can't wait to see all the fun sites, it's going to be an incredible experience I'm sure. I have no idea what exactly I want to see, but I'm getting a map and I'm sure there are some tours and gift shops in English, right? Who knows, maybe the Italians accept Visa...Germany is horrible at it.

Mom, get yourself a Eurail pass nice and early so you don't have to deal with any of the crap I'm going through, it's a really cost effective way to travel.

I'm really pissed about all of the blocked websites in Germany. Hulu is blocked, for example. As are many news video sites. The reason, you may ask? Well, the German government didn't block them, the site owners blocked all access in Germany. Apparently, their advertisers that they put in these video streams are based in the US and don't want to advertise to Germans who can't buy their products. Since these news sites (and Hulu) don't want to waste any more money than they have to, they simply decided to block all access to countries where it wasn't profitable for advertisers.

Yea, the recession sucks, doesn't it? Anyway, I herad Obama's Egypt speech and thought it was pretty good. I'm hopeful he can make some progress, but we'll see, there are endless obstacles in the way.

Also in the news...Italy's Berlusconi is HILARIOUS. So funny..., Iran is having an election in 2 days. Hopefully the psycho Ahmedinejad (sp? - oh wait i dont care) will be thrown out of office, I don't care who replaces him just ANYONE ELSE. Apparently Iranian youth are extremely against Ahmedinejad, so let's hope so.

See ya'll later. Oh, and I still haven't found Katlyn a gift yet (though I do have Misters Feinman and Trager selected, I think they'll enjoy them immensely).

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in Italy! That's so cool that you are getting to do all this traveling! Not much has gone on here besides we reached triple digits in the weather... This would be the week I'm working outdoors! Kyle and Alex are good, just working and Alex is taking one class. I'm attempting to give up fast food so we will see if they follow suit! I'll let you know if anything amazing happens! Remember to be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Josh, Finally found your blog. Sounds like you are having a great time. I think the beer and food will win out. By the time you get back I may be less than you. Keep up the news feed. I went to the Marlins game with the kids, your mom and Steve last night no German beer. Find the keys to the grail. Stay thirsty my nephew.

    ReplyDelete